Booking Terms and Conditions
- Please contact Artichoke London for all quotes.
- Maximum preferred in an Artichoke London group is eight but larger groups may be considered.
- The minimum booking is one hour.
- The Client is defined as an individual booking an individual visit or the nominated individual of a group.
- All visits include breaks unless the booking is for one hour only or Client requests otherwise.
- Artichoke London will meet the Client at the agreed site.
- All transport costs and arrangements are the responsibility of the Client.
- Artichoke London fees do not include the cost of Client’s food and drink.
- Galleries sometimes close at very short notice and Artichoke London is not responsible for any such closures. Artichoke London will make every reasonable effort to substitute an alternative but if not possible, Artichoke London will refund the Client in full.
- A good working knowledge of English is required. Artichoke London will in special circumstances assist in supplying a translator but cannot guarantee this service.
- Clients must advise Artichoke London of any disability when booking and takes no responsibility for museums and galleries refusing access.
- Individually tailored visits must be booked with Artichoke London a minimum of fourteen days (two weeks) prior to visit.
- Private tuition fees, method of payment and timescale will be agreed with the individual Client.
- Artichoke London and the Client will agree the fee for each visit by email or telephone.
- Artichoke London will confirm with the Client the date, time, place of visit, meeting point and fee payable by email to the Client.
- The Client must email acceptance and this confirms the booking in agreement with Artichoke London terms and conditions.
- On receipt of the booking confirmation email Artichoke London will email an invoice to the Client. Payment terms will be stated on the invoice and Artichoke London terms and conditions will apply to that invoice.
- Artichoke London will send the client a reminder of booking details by email two days before the visit except where a late booking is accepted.
- Late bookings are considered i.e. 24 hours prior to visit and payment in full must be made at start of visit. Cash payments are accepted in these circumstances.
- All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to [email protected].
- When the client cancels the visit one week (seven days) before the visit, Artichoke London will refund the deposit in full. A cancellation after seven days will result in no refund of deposit.
- The Client shall pay Artichoke London invoices in conformity with the payment terms stated on the invoice and this clause shall be of the essence of the agreement.
- Should the Client default in payment of any invoice Artichoke London may cancel any visit.
- Fees are payable by bank transfer as detailed on invoice or by cheque as detailed on invoice.
- Artichoke London requires a 50% deposit in British pounds sterling on booking, with the balance payable 7 days before the visit or in cash in UK pounds sterling at start of visit. All currency charges and transfer fees by the clients banks must be paid by client i.e. what is paid to Artichoke London must be the full agreed fee.
- Artichoke London requests that all Clients assist us as much as possible by responding to all correspondence by the deadlines indicated in that correspondence. Failure to respond to these requests may delay visit dates and Artichoke London will not accept any responsibility for any delay to a visit date.
Liability and Indemnity
- Artichoke London, its officers, employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising whether direct, indirect, special or consequential or in respect of any claim whenever and however made for any loss or damage, deterioration, deficiency or other fault or harm in the services provided for or on behalf of or in any arrangement with the client or occasioned to the client or any third or other party or to his or their property or interest and whether or not due to the negligence of Artichoke London its officers, employees or agents or actions constituting fundamental breach of contract.
- The Client releases Artichoke London, its officers, employees and agents, from all sums, money, actions, proceedings, accounts, claims, demands, costs and expenses whatsoever arising from or in relation to this Agreement.
- The parties agree that this agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, in force for the time being and from time to time, and the parties irrevocably submit generally and unconditionally to the jurisdiction of the English Courts, in respect of claims, proceedings and matters arising out of or in respect of this Agreement.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which the Client may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
- A party waives a right under these Conditions only if it does so in writing. A party does not waive a right simply because it fails to exercise the right, delays exercising the right or only exercises part of the right. A waiver of one breach of a term of these conditions does not operate as a waiver of another breach of the same term or any other term.
- If a provision in these Terms and Conditions is wholly or partly invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that provision or the part of it that is invalid or unenforceable must, to the extent of its invalidity or unenforceability in that jurisdiction be severed from this Agreement. All the remaining provisions shall be enforceable between Artichoke London and the Client.
- Artichoke London may assign or otherwise deal with the benefit of any agreement made pursuant to these Terms and Conditions without the consent of the Client.
Variation of these Terms and Conditions
- Artichoke London may unilaterally amend these Terms and Conditions. Notice of any amendments will be posted on Artichoke London’s website or will be notified in writing. The amendments will take affect 7 days after the amendments have been posted on the website or 7 days after posting to the Client. The Client accepts that any agreements entered into with Artichoke London after the Terms and Conditions taking effect will be subject to the amended Terms and Conditions.